Google Photos is a cloud-based photo-sharing and storage service, that was released in May 2015. The cloud is popular all over the world and has revolutionized the way we transfer and store photos.
With Google Photos, you no longer have to plug in your phone and wait for all of your photos to sync over to your laptop. With Google you can sync over WiFi automatically or on-demand.
Advantages of Google Photos
- It is quick and easy! You can set up backups to occur automatically or you can manually have them download.
- Photos and videos are able to be accessed from any device that has an internet connection.
- You will no longer have to worry about running out of storage on your phone. Once you have uploaded your data into Google Photos, you can delete the ones stored locally on your device.
- Google Photo search uses incredible technology to group photos together which makes its search extremely accurate. For example, search “dog,” and watch as all photos of your furry friends come up.
- There are many features to organize, use, manage and share photos and videos.
- Google Photos works on all devices easily and without issues.
- It is extremely easy to navigate.
- It includes a built-in editing tool to configure your photos directly in the app.
- If you want to share photos with family or friends they do not have to be a Google Photos user to view them.
Is Google Photos Free?
One of the best aspects of Google Photos is that up to 15GB of storage for photos is free!
If you have a large number of photos (or videos), you can choose the paid version, which is $1.99 per month for 100GB, and $9.99 per month for 1TB. Additionally, it is good to note that the free version has a resolution limit of 16 megapixels for photos, and for videos over 1080p, they will be compressed.
Looking for unlimited cloud storage? Consider G Suite! It's one of the best values you'll find anywhere.
So, Where Are Google Photos Stored?
So which is it, are Google Photos stored locally or in the cloud? After all you found this blog because you were asking "Where are Google Photos stored?"
After you have synced or backed up your photos or videos, they will be stored in the cloud. The “cloud” is essentially a tech term for “online storage.” Your photos are encrypted and stored securely on Google's servers, backed up in several cloud storage data centers.
Accessing your photos and videos stored in Google Photos is easy, and you can do it from any device, whenever you want (as long as you have a connection to the internet). You may also choose to download and store these photos locally on any device from the cloud.
Google Photos is not only a great way to save storage on your phone, but also a stress-free method of storage. Google Photos is also a great alternative for those who do not have an iPhone, or other Apple products and want to save their items in cloud storage. This photo backup app is a solid choice for backing up media, and customers can feel secure knowing that it's a Google product.
No longer will you have to worry about losing your precious photos or videos if your device breaks. They're all stored safely in the cloud, thanks to Google.